What a Candidate Needs to Bring
Information and what to bring if you are a newly elected Candidate and have not gone through an Ordeal
The induction ceremony into the Order of the Arrow, called the Ordeal, an ordeal is conducted at each of the Golden Empire Council Camps. This is the first step toward full membership. During the experience, candidates maintain complete silence & works on camp improvement projects. The Ordeal will challenge you, help you discover more about yourself, and strengthen you as a Scout.
- A COPY of your Yearly BSA Medical Exam for Youth and Adults.
- Class "A" Uniform - will be worn all weekend except during the work day (6am-6pm Saturday)
- Work Clothes
- Work Gloves
- Extra Underwear and Socks
- Additional or Extra Clothing - consider the weather for the weekend
- Rain Gear- consider the weather for the weekend
- Ground Cloth
- Sleeping Bag & Sleeping Pad
- Back Pack
- Water Bottle
- Insect Repellent
- Toilet Kit - toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, towel, wash cloth
- Personal Medications
Pack your sleeping bag, foam pad, insect repellent, tarp, flashlight, work clothes, and water bottle where you can easily find them.
The lodge trading post will be open Saturday evening to sell Candy, Soda, OA lodge flaps and other OA items ($0.50 - $25.00 each).
Let us know in advance if you have a health problem or need a special diet.
Do not bring the following:
Electronic devices (cell phone, radio, walkman, etc.)